The History of Clark's Donuts Plus:

Clark's Donuts was opened in Oil City in 1937 by Mr. and Mrs. Clark which is where the name originated from. The store was first located on Elm Street. They only made a couple types of donuts back then since they had to mix all of the dough by hand. In 1939 the store was bought by Mr. Lindquist. He owned the store until 1941 when Don and Louise Rogers purchased it. This was an interesting time, during World War II; the Rogers' had to ration how many donuts they made each day. People would line up early if they wanted to get a share of the donuts available for the day. (Click here to read the rest of Clark's Donuts' History.)